Two accounts same email?

Two accounts same email?

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

iPhone 6s, Macbook Air

Operating System

(iOS 10, macbook is mostly fully updated)

My Question or Issue

I seem to have two accouts with one email and I have no idea how to fix it. I created an account while trying to get on our new family plan. I thought I created the account without changing the username (now I know I can't change it) so I panicked and deleted it. I made a new accout and logged into my computer and it still had my playlists from the other one so I was surprised. Then I logged onto my phone but it still had the old account becuase the username was the old one. I tried logging into the other account by directly putting the new username in. When I logged in I did not have any playlists unlike my computer but it still showed the playlists but they were made by another account which was my old account. (I reactivated the old account while I was panicking). My computer and phone do not seem to be linked even though they are logged into the same account supposedly. My computer shows me having 2 followers but my phone says I have 0. I'm pretty sure I have 2 accounts but they are from the same email and I don't know what to do. Does anyone know how to help me? Thanks.

2 Replies

also my phone and computer are on separate accounts even though they display the same username

Hey @anika918.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community, and sorry for the late response! We'll be glad to help you out if you're still experiencing this issue 🙂

Would you mind sharing the Spotify URI of your accounts, both from your computer and your phone? You can do that by following the steps here, only with the slight difference that you need to go to your account page in the app and find the three dots under your profile name.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Suggested posts