Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Two different usernames on iPhone app and PC - BOTH are signed in with the same Facebook account

Two different usernames on iPhone app and PC - BOTH are signed in with the same Facebook account

I searched in vain and couldn't find that someone had already asked this ... 

I am signed into Spotify on my PC and my iPhone -- using the SAME Facebook account -- yet I have a different user name on my PC and on my phone. I had no clue until I paid for Premium and discovered that my iPhone app still says I have a free account.

How is this possible, to have a different user name in each place? I'm signed in with the same exact Facebook account. Is there a way to merge the accounts? There's a possibility that I signed up for Spotify a couple of years ago just with an email address, but, I don't see why this matters when I'm logged in with the same Facebook account in both places ...

Plan

Have paid for Premium but on the iPhone the app still says I'm on the Free account

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 7 and PC running Windows 10

Operating System

iOS 12.3.1,; Windows 10

1 Reply

Hey there @KHenderson78

thanks for posting !

As a first basic step, please use this help page to locate all account listed with your details.

This way you'll be sure you for sure do not have a secondry account and that you're logged into the right one across all devices.

However, i have to ask, is one username your own and the other is numbers and letters ?

Thanks 🙂

Suggested posts