Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Two email addresses on one account - cant delete

Solved!

Two email addresses on one account - cant delete

Hello,

i made a mistake in using a second email address on same "family account" instead of inviting.

So currently, my daughter runs under my name, but under her email address. when i tried to invite her (administrator), spotify says, "you are already a member".

I cant see her account or find her email address anywhere in the account, not even in my profile.

How can i find "her", delete her and set her up under her own name?

THX for any help,

Lars

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @reverend-heat

Each family member has to have a separate username and password, so the first step is to create new accounts for each new member (if they haven't already).

I suggest creating it with an email address (not the one used for Facebook, if possible), since they'll be able to get a Spotify username / password. Using Facebook will not let you do that.

Each member will now have a Free account, so the next step is for them to join your Family plan through your account (You're the one who pays, so you'll be the Family Admin).

Send the invites to the emails they used to create their accounts.

Let them accept the invite logged in with their own username in the app and in the website. They should make sure to type the address exactly as the Admin did, and also be sure all Family members use the same Internet connection (Home network) regularly.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @reverend-heat

Each family member has to have a separate username and password, so the first step is to create new accounts for each new member (if they haven't already).

I suggest creating it with an email address (not the one used for Facebook, if possible), since they'll be able to get a Spotify username / password. Using Facebook will not let you do that.

Each member will now have a Free account, so the next step is for them to join your Family plan through your account (You're the one who pays, so you'll be the Family Admin).

Send the invites to the emails they used to create their accounts.

Let them accept the invite logged in with their own username in the app and in the website. They should make sure to type the address exactly as the Admin did, and also be sure all Family members use the same Internet connection (Home network) regularly.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts