Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Two login prompts?

Two login prompts?

I had two different login prompts come up when I started using the desktop app for Mac. The first one accepted my Facebook credentials, and I could see my account (avatar, in particular) display on the window. I couldn't use the program, though, because after I put in my FB e-mail/password, I had another window come up to ask if I was new to Spotify or if I was a Spotify member. Saying that I had a Spotify account took me to a second login prompt, which in turn did not accept anything I entered (I tried my random sequence of numbers, as well as my FB login). If I used the "new to Spotify" button, I could access the desktop app, although none of my starred songs appeared. (They're all intact if I use the web interface instead.) My playlists were intact on the desktop app, but I couldn't find a single favorited song. Interestingly, when I checked through the catalog to find songs I knew I had marked on the webpage interface, none of those showed up as starred.

Having gone through a few of the other questions and solutions in the forum, I have to say that if the solution is to access the desktop app all the time by going into Facebook and clicking around to pull up tracks, I think I need to question the purpose of having a desktop app in the first place. (Maybe I've been misunderstanding the start-the-app-from-within-Facebook thing?)

What should I do with that second, Spotify-only prompt, and how do I get to see my starred tracks in the desktop app? 

Thank you!

1 Reply

Just wondering do you have more than one account in play here, in the desktop client can you grab a link to one of your playlists (Right click on the playlist name > Copy Spotify URI > Paste here)? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts