Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Two people having two different collections for the same artist?

Two people having two different collections for the same artist?

So, I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this. My friend has a spotify free account, and I have a premium account, and there's an artist called Placebo that he wants me to get more into. However, I only have one album by them on my spotify account. On his account, he has their entire discography. Neither of us has any of their music on our respective computers, so it can't be local files appearing or disappearing. He has logged into his account on my computer, and vice versa, and nothing cahnges. Why do we both have completely separate music for the same artist? 

5 Replies

@careful wrote:

So, I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this. My friend has a spotify free account, and I have a premium account, and there's an artist called Placebo that he wants me to get more into. However, I only have one album by them on my spotify account. On his account, he has their entire discography. Neither of us has any of their music on our respective computers, so it can't be local files appearing or disappearing. He has logged into his account on my computer, and vice versa, and nothing cahnges. Why do we both have completely separate music for the same artist? 

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Content can vary between regions, are both of your accounts registered in the same country on your online profiles?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, they are. We're both set to the same region and we're only a few blocks away from each other so I really don't understand what could be going on lol

I have the same issue, I have premium, my housemate has open and there is an artist that he has that i cannot see - He tried to send it to me in a playlist but it says "This playlist is currently empty" - although it shows the album cover. Accessing from my phone I get 2 tracks (out of about 30) but on linux I get none.

Hey careful,

Do Placebo definitely not show up under the Local Files area on the left side of your friend's Spotify? As far as I know the full Placebo catalogue has never been available on Spotify in any territory. But at least we have this track available in most regions.

@mikebush: does your friend have the tracks in that playlist in his local files too?

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Ok, he didn't realise that spotify included the local library in search results - made me look a noob.

Thanks @Adam-W

Suggested posts