Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

UNAVAILABLE IN AUSTRALIA (please READ the first post before replying)

UNAVAILABLE IN AUSTRALIA (please READ the first post before replying)

Consider this post the place where I air my dissatisfaction with the Spotify service in Australia.

Please DON'T REPLY unless you're also from Australia and joining in on the discussion, OR if you're an OFFICIAL Spotify representative.

I know one can request that content be added to the service, but it's too time consuming so I'd rather post here for my own reference and check back occasionally to see if the content has been returned/added to Spotify.

The tune that sparked all this off was SAIL by AWOLNATION which disappeared for a few months..

22 Replies

Hello, @driverless! If a song or entire album is unavailable to you it is likely due to the following reasons:

1. It's down to the record label in that they may have limited which regions would have access to the full album or the song you are looking for. In this case Spotify can't really do much about it and there is no estimated time as to when the music should be back in the catalogue.
2. It's a temporary issue. No need to worry as the album should be back in no time.

That's just how the system works.

@thehidd wrote:

Hello, @driverless! If a song or entire album is unavailable to you it is likely due to the following reasons:

1. It's down to the record label in that they may have limited which regions would have access to the full album or the song you are looking for. In this case Spotify can't really do much about it and there is no estimated time as to when the music should be back in the catalogue.
2. It's a temporary issue. No need to worry as the album should be back in no time.

That's just how the system works.

Thanks thehidd,

I just contacted the label and they are looking into it

cheers

I think Peter has answered the original questions, so I'll close this topic now.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts