Free

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 8, MacBook Air)

Operating System

(iOS/OSX)

My Question or Issue

I’m having issues logging into my account on both mobile (iPhone) and desktop (MacBook).

On mobile, I get an invalid password error, but when I attempt to reset my password, it tells me that my reset password link is expired/invalid. I tried to use the incognito mode workaround, but had the same error.

On desktop, when I log in, I get a different but equally strange error- I log in with my password, and I’m displayed “offline mode” Spotify for about a second, and then booted out to the login screen with an invalid password error. I can assume my password is correct, as I am logging in for a second but then getting kicked out. When I attempt to reset my password on on desktop, I type my email in to have a reset password link sent, but I am then told that my email is not associated with an active Spotify account, despite the fact that I can get reset password links via mobile. I also cannot create an account with my current email either.

And of course, the account in question is not this account.

1 Reply

Hey @ironskillet,

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts