Free

Country

Canada

Device

Galaxy Watch

Operating System

Tizen 4.0.0.1

My Question or Issue

I just bought a Galaxy Watch yesterday and I downloaded the Spotify app. I get the option to either log into with my Spotofy Account or my Facebook account and when I try either option I get a "Cannot log in, make sure you are connected to wifi or a celullar network." The thing is I have tried this at home, on wifi and at work with my data and the rest of the watch is fully connected but I still can't log in.

TIA

4 Replies

Hey there @drp2309s,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

We'd first recommend trying the steps below:

• Reinstall app on your phone by following the steps here
  • Re-pair the watch with Bluetooth and reinstall app on the watch by following the steps below.

To install Spotify on your Samsung wearable:

1. Tap Apps from the Samsung wearable home screen.
  2. Tap Samsung Gear.
  3. Tap Samsung Galaxy Apps

Keep in mind that if your Spotify account is created with Facebook, you'll need to set a password through the Spotify password reset form and log in with email address and Spotify password.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I'm getting two different stores after reinstalling everything. One says it cannot connect and i should open the app on my phone and the other one says I have to be a premium never to do anything on my watch. 

Hey there @drp2309s,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Keep in mind that your device needs to meet the following requirements so you can use Spotify with your Galaxy Watch:

• Android 5.0 and above with a minimum of 1.5GB RAM
  • iPhone 5 or above on iOS 9.0 or above.

Once you've installed the app, you can play directly from your wrist, or to another device with Bluetooth or Spotify Connect (if you're on Premium)

You can find the features that are available only with a Premium subscription here.

If you're still having troubles, a screenshot of the error messages you see on the Galaxy watch or the mobile Spotify app would be very helpful.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hello,

I am running a Pixel 2 with Android 9 and 4GB of RAM. 

I think I'm a little lost on what I should be able to do on my watch as a Free Account member. I have attached 2 pictures from the watch. One is the initial screen where I have to choos what I want to do and the other is when I try to put in my username and password.

Thanks

IMG_20190129_085230.jpgIMG_20190129_085244.jpg

Suggested posts