Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to access Spotify account and email linked to account can't access it

Unable to access Spotify account and email linked to account can't access it

I've been signed out of my Spotify account and it won't let me sign in. The problem is that the email linked to the account is one I no longer can access either and so resetting the password is of no help.

I have tried a contact form with Spotify but they ask for the email linked to the account to reply to which is obviously of no help.

Is there a way I can fix this, or alternatively a way that I can cancel my Premium membership maybe by cancelling the direct debits from my bank and setting up a new account or would I get penalised for this?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Omar

3 Replies

Hello @o_raafat!

Thanks for reaching out. In this case, I'd recommend you contact Spotify support so they can take a look backstage and hopefully solve this as soon as possible. Since you can't log in to your Spotify account, I'd recommend using this link. Select "Account" > "Change account details".

Hope this helps and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Jose_M

As mentioned, I've already tried that approach and it doesn't work because the reply is sent to the email account that I can no longer access.

If I cancel my direct debit from my online banking will that work?

Hello @o_raafat!

Thanks for your reply. If you contact Spotify using the link mentioned above, you should be able to choose the email address that you would like Spotify to send their reply to. It doesn't have to be the email address linked to your account.

Let me know if you have any other questions and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts