Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to add Premium for Family in the UK (GB) - Country Code Issue

Solved!

Unable to add Premium for Family in the UK (GB) - Country Code Issue

Hello

I've upgraded to Premium for Family, however when I invite family members, they receive the following message 

"We couldn't add you to Premium for Family as your account needs to be based in the same country as the owner of the Premium for Family subscription."

Both our accounts are GB (United Kingdom)

How can we resolve this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have got this working. Go into your account and make a change to something in your profile (I changed my email address). My country code was then changed from GB to gb. My son could then accept his link!!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Somthing was fixed at spotify and now it works.

View solution in original post

42 Replies

Same problem here in Germany!

Same issue in France !

Same problem in Czech Republic!

Same in the US!!

I have the same problem. Some background information:

Also, I assume that cancelling my subscription and doing it again from the NL page may fix it for me, but I don't feel like trying at the moment. This appears to be a fault in the system, and should be fixed.

UPDATE: Alas, that doesn't work either! 😞

I tried cancelling my account and doing it again from the UK page and have the same problem so that doesn't work. 

No, I just noticed...

Same problem here in NORWAY. Support from Spotify is NONEXISTANT!

I have the same problem here in Chile 😕

Same in the U.S.

I read that this could be an issue when using different browsers.  I am using chrome and my wife is using Safari.  I told her to try chrome to see if that fixed the issue.  Still waiting for her response.

I have the same problem in Germany (DE) too.

Having the same problem in NL, we tried pretty much every combination of browsers possible and nothing worked. Really think the issue is with Spotify.

Agree - I just emailed their support, but them not having a number to call to get this resolved is truely frustrating.

@dsegs wrote:

Having the same problem in NL, we tried pretty much every combination of browsers possible and nothing worked. Really think the issue is with Spotify.

Agreed, I am fairly certain browsers should not be the issue here. My invitees use Chrome, as do I.

Same problem in France too !

@Angelblot wrote:

Same problem in France too !

I would like to say that the specific country is not likely to be the problem. Please use the "I have this problem too" button in the first post, or be more specific and constructive in your replies 🙂

Agreed - it's likely on Spotify's side.

Same problem here in Finland

Suggested posts