Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to cancel Premium subscription

Unable to cancel Premium subscription

I have tried numerous times on different devices to cancel my premium spotofy subscription. Every time I go theough their ridiculously long cancellation process with multiple "Are you sure?" questions I get told by the Spotify site that I have entered the incorrect password that is required when verifying a cancellation. I googled this problem and it seems I am not the only person with this issue. I have heard excuses about it being because your "Facebook account is not linked to your spotify profile, therefore causing a password discrepancy."

What also makes me think that this is an unethical scam is that instead of a user being able to "remove" billing information, the user can only add payment methods or substitute with a different payment method, therefore guaranteeing Spotify another months payment by befuddling the subscriber.

If anyone has a solution please help me out, I apologize if I seem rude or frustrated but today has not been a good day and this simply added to my aggravation.

3 Replies

Hey, welcome to the community, and sorry to hear the cancellation process is not working out! That definitely sounds like a duplicate account issue that sometimes happens between Facebook and accounts created using an email address. I'm going to go ahead and escalate this so one of the moderators can look into it and help you get this squared away quickly.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @diacris9875

To get this sorted, you'll need to reach out to us via the contact form or Twitter. They'll be able to get this cancelled for you.

I sent a Spotify contact form stating my issue about 12 hours ago and am still awaiting response. Thanks

Suggested posts