Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to cancel my 30-day trial subscription

Solved!

Unable to cancel my 30-day trial subscription

I read that you'd have to cancel your sub a day before the trial ends so that Spotify couldn't charge for a new premium sub. I was wondering if that still happens as I can't seem to find a "‘Cancel your subscription section’" link. Is it because it's a free trial or you have indeed changed things? I've removed my payment method too as it was expired. I really don't want to be charged. I'd appreciate your help!

- printscreen -

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

From the looks of your screenshot, you have already cancelled your subscription which is why you can't see the option. 

Your account is set to revert to Spotify free on the 18th according to that image. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

From the looks of your screenshot, you have already cancelled your subscription which is why you can't see the option. 

Your account is set to revert to Spotify free on the 18th according to that image. 

Peter

Peter

Really?  I don't recall having canceled anything tho. Thanks so much for your prompt reply!

Hello -

I am trying to cancel the free trail of premium but want to keep spotify free.. It is not allowing me to sign in with the username that was automatically given to me along with my password. How do I get this rectified TODAY?

@1282937376 - Have you tried logging in with both the Spotify username you chose when you registered and your Facebook details? 

Peter

Peter

Spotify is not linked to my facebook. And the only thing that was asked of me at the time of registeration was my email. I obtained the username that was assisgned to me within the account information.

And you can't login using that username? What error are you getting? 

Peter

Peter

The username is incorrect. The thing is, when I log into to listen to music, I use my email address and password. All I want to do is cancel the 30 day free trail before I get charged.

Ok, I think the best thing to do is get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to help you cancel your subscription and make sure your account is set up properly!

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

YOU GUYS SAID THAT MY ACCOUNT WAS NOW FOR FREE, THEN WHY HAVE I PAID?!

@Help0987 - If you get in touch just like I posted above the payments team should be able to refund you if you haven't used your premium service and make sure it is cancelled for you.

Peter

Peter

I would like that!

But i did use my Premium service, because i thought it was free!!!

In that case it might not be so easy, but the payments team are still the ones to get in touch with. This isn't really an issue which can be dealt with on the community - they deal with each case uniquely so its up to them 😉 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts