Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to change country settings, email and payment method?!

Solved!

Unable to change country settings, email and payment method?!

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue:

I moved to the US about 9 months ago and tried to change my location/ country settings back then but it didn't work. Now that I have an american bank account etc. I tired to change my payment method and change the country since i'm also tired of getting german podcast suggestions.

I am able to type in all my information and on the main page the Website shows that my info has updated, yet when I check on the payment page itself it still shows my Paypal account linked together with a german old email address (I signed up over Facebook but have my american email as my main address) and my location set in Germany. 
Is there any way to fix this? Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi again, the best option you have now is to follow the steps for option 2 of this Spotify answer, but feel free to try the others as well before you go for the 2nd option.

Also, the country settings should update after the next billing date.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

If I understood correctly you still have your old german email (the Facebook one) associated with your account. You can see the steps to disconnect Facebook from your account in this Support Page. Once you disconnect your Facebook account you can change your email address following these steps.

Now, for the payment problems, first of all, I would suggest logging out and log back into your account, then use an incognito/private mode window to update your payment information.

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you so much for reaching out! 

I started with resetting my password and successfully set a new one. 
I then followed the steps to disconnect my account from Facebook but  even after restarting the Desktop App and even rebooting my computer theres no "DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK" button like the site claims there should be 😞

I attached a screenshot and even let my husband double check that I'm just not missing it. 😞

[snip - Community Moderator edit due to private info]

Marked as solution

Hi again, the best option you have now is to follow the steps for option 2 of this Spotify answer, but feel free to try the others as well before you go for the 2nd option.

Also, the country settings should update after the next billing date.

Suggested posts