Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to change country

Solved!

Unable to change country

I had a free US account and now that Spotify has launched in the UAE, I wanted to switch to Premium but it is not letting me change my country. Even though I enter the correct Zip code, it says it's an invalid code. 

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

United Arab Emirates

Device

iPhone 8 Plus

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

This should work now! Can you try again and let us know? 🙂 

Thanks and have a lovely day.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hey @varunn90,

Thanks for reaching out to us in Community. Glad to help you out!

Can you confirm you're trying to this page in Country and not just the ZIP code? Also, are you using a VPN currently? If yes, it would be best to turn it off while changing the country 🙂 

Could you try setting your ZIP code between 000 or 0000 and let us know if that works? 

Looking forward to hear from you. Take care!

Hey Daisy,

Yes, I did try that particular page. Still showing the same error. I'm not on a VPN earlier. I've attached the screenshot.

Please help!

Thanks,

Varun

F7448841-2F23-4544-94BF-C3E184C71316.png

Hey Daisy,

I tried 000, 0000 and a few numbers in between. Still no luck. All of my friends here in the UAE who have US accounts have the same issue while trying to change their country setting.

Thanks,

Varun

I'm having the same problem too, tried all the zeroes in it won't work. 

I have the same issue and I even tried the following

- DU

- Dubai

none of which worked, anyone to help??

I have the same problem, cannot change country from US to UAE because it doesnt accept postal code. UAE doesnt have a postal code system but page doesnt also allow to leave it blank..

spotify.JPG

postal code section disappeared from edit profile page:) so problem is solved,  you can change your country now..

I no longer see the postal code field, however, I still can't change my country. USA is the only option available. Any idea why?

Also, I'm logging in with my phone and listening with no issues. But on a desktop, it logs in and gives me "No internet connection" error.

Please read carefully and follow tha instructions at:

How can I change my country setting

These steps should work... except, no countries are showing under the "Country" list other than USA .

Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

This should work now! Can you try again and let us know? 🙂 

Thanks and have a lovely day.

It works now. Thanks Daisy and team!

Hey @varunn90,

You're welcome! Enjoy Spotify 🙂

Hi - facing a similar challenge,  I'm in Dubai and unable to change country as I can only see Germany and GB as options. I'm not on a VPn and have followed the recommended steps with no luck.

Thanks!

Suggested posts