Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to change e-mail address

Solved!

Unable to change e-mail address

Greetings,

I've resently had trouble changing my e-mail. The e-mail currently attached to my account is no longer accessable as it is de-activated, and I was wondering if there was any way to change it to my actual e-mail without cancelling my Premium?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Myklemartin2,

The easiest thing to do in this case is likely to contact customer support. Personally, I recommend the email chat. It can be the easiest to explain your situation and get it resolved. Follow the following link, https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/. Just follow through the topics and eventually supply your name and a brief explanation of the problem (Account -> Other -> I Still Need Help). Then just say that you need to change the email linked to your account.

You will likely need to confirm a few details about the account to ensure it is you, then they can switch the account over. All your saves, playlists and follows should migrate with you. 

Experience: I did a very similar migration a few months ago. I used the live chat and good to go within 10 minutes.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Myklemartin2,

The easiest thing to do in this case is likely to contact customer support. Personally, I recommend the email chat. It can be the easiest to explain your situation and get it resolved. Follow the following link, https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/. Just follow through the topics and eventually supply your name and a brief explanation of the problem (Account -> Other -> I Still Need Help). Then just say that you need to change the email linked to your account.

You will likely need to confirm a few details about the account to ensure it is you, then they can switch the account over. All your saves, playlists and follows should migrate with you. 

Experience: I did a very similar migration a few months ago. I used the live chat and good to go within 10 minutes.

Thanks for taking your time responding, I solved the problem by doing exactly that. 

Suggested posts