Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to change either email and password

Unable to change either email and password

Hi

I guess my account is hacked. The hacker changed email and the password of my account but I was able to loged in thx to FB connection. But now I can't turn my email back to my email since it requires password. And i can't change my password since it requires to log in to the hacker's email. Can we do something about? I canceled my premium subs. I want my acc back.

Ty

5 Replies

Hey there @dracaka

Im assuming your account was created through Facebook. If thats the case, to change your Spotify email address and password, you need to do so also through Facebook 🙂 

Hi  Mary_Jay

Yea my account was created through FB. How can I change Spotify mail and password through Facebook. Should I change password of my Facebook Account?

Ty @Mary_Jay

Hello Mary_Jay

Please help me. I cannot access my account via Facebook anymore. Somehow I connect here. Hacker blocked FB access I guess. Whay should I do?

@dracaka

Help's here! Yeh, since yours is an FB-integrated account, to change your Spotify email address and password, you have to do this through your Facebook profile. Facebook > Settings > General > Email.

For password reset: Facebook > Settings > General > Password. 🙂

@dracaka

But if you think your account is hacked, then our best bet here is to get in touch with Spotify customer support so they can take a look under the hood: https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-anonymous/  😉

Suggested posts