Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to change email address (Account log in through Facebook)

Unable to change email address (Account log in through Facebook)

I log into my Spotify account through Facebook. 

I have changed my Facebook's email address long time ago (2 years+) and old email address is deleted. However, my Spotify account still showing old email address. I tried to edit in Spotify, but it is not editable.

Please help.

4 Replies

Hey @xegneto, welcome to the community!

Just to confirm, is your email address set as public or private on Facebook? This could've caused this issue.

Let's try making the email address public and head to your Facebook Settings > App, and remove Spotify from it. Once it's removed, head to the Spotify app and click the blue "Log in with Facebook" button, you should have a pop-up to authorize Spotify again.

Let me know if this updates the information.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Yes, my email is private.

I done the steps you suggested, set email to public, remove spotify from facebook and relogin with facebook and accept the authorisation. But the email did not update.

Thanks for giving it a shot!

In this case, since the email isn't updating, I suggest reaching out to the Support team.

You can give them a shout via Twitter or Facebook. They'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Cheers.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I have the same problem. I changed my Facebook email address almost a year ago. I have logged out of all my spotify accounts recently and then logged back in with my Facebook account. However, Spotify still has my old email address. This is frustrating.

Suggested posts