Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to change email address on account

Unable to change email address on account

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Macbook Pro 2012,  Dell Latitude 7480,

Operating System

OS 10.10, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am unable to follow these instructions: https://support.spotify.com/uk/account_payment_help/account_help/i-want-to-use-spotify-without-faceb...

to change the email address on my account. When I open my desktop versions of Spotify (on either Mac or Windows) there is no option in settings to 'Disconnect From Facebook' (see attached screenshots) . Please can you help?
Cheers!

spotify1.png
spotify2.png
10 Replies

Hey, @utection 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Did you create your account linking it to your Facebook and then deleted the FB?

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Hezorg,

It was all years ago so I honestly can't remember specifics! 

Cheers

Will

Hey again, @utection 

I've asked it again because if you created your account using your FB credentials, you won't be able to change your email address even if you've deleted your Facebook account. So in this case, you'd need to create a new account without a Facebook account. If you want to follow this way, let me know and I'll help you to delete your current account and keep your songs safe to migrate to another account soon.

Best Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Hi @Hexorg,

Is there any way of telling from your side/admin side? It was years ago (5+) so I have no way of knowing.

Cheers

That's the only reason that cannot allow that you change your email address. However, if you want to check, try to use another devices or a browser with Incognito mode to change your email address. Let me know if it works...

Best Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

I have tried that and still having the same problem. Are you a Spotify admin? Could you manually change the address?

Best

Will

Hey again, @utection 

I'm not a Spotify employee... As I said before, probably you've created your Spotify account using your Facebook credentials. So, in this case, you won't be able to change your email address anymore. However, if you want, you can contact the Customer Support to get official support.

After that, let me know if you could solve your issue and how have you done it. 

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Hi @Hezorg,

I got in touch with Customer Support and they changed the email for my account.

Thanks so much for your help and advice!

Have a great weekend.

Cheers

Hey again, @utection 

Happy to know that my help was useful to you. If your issue/question was solved, I'd like to ask you to mark my answer as a solution and give me kudos! That's important for another people with same issue get an useful answer faster.

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Hi @Hezorg

Please could you write me a reply saying that the solution is to contact customer services and I will like + give kudos.

In your previous reply it also suggests that there might not be a solution to the issue.

Cheers,

Suggested posts