Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to change email preferences in profile

Unable to change email preferences in profile

When I edit my profile, there's a section with email preferenes where each preference has 3 radio buttons (translated back to English it says 'immediately', 'daily' and 'never'). After saving my profile, all of the settings except the following are reverted:

* Immediate emails on new subscribers (2nd row)

* Daily batched emails of new subscribers (2nd row)

* Immediate emails on 'friend activities' (last row)

Selecting anything else doesn't work, so never receiving any mail at all isn't going to fly. I'd urge anyone who has this NOT to mark the mails as spam but to create a rule (or procmail filter) to move Spotify mail to the trash or some other folder. That's because Spotify mail could end up in the junk folder for everyone using the same host (e.g. Gmail).

Everything else in the form appears to work just fine.

EDIT: Sorry, I just came across this post in another thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Spotify-keeps-sending-me-emails/m-p...

It's the exact same issue.

2 Replies

It's probably best if you don't recommend spam filtering Spotify emails (or junking them). Many users will need a password reset email at some point.

To the best of my knowledge, the Notification setting in the Account Profile work well. If anyone is still receiving notifications after that then it is because there is an extra Spotify account that has been created at some point.

@Jude wrote:

It's probably best if you don't recommend spam filtering Spotify emails (or junking them). Many users will need a password reset email at some point.

My point exactly.

To the best of my knowledge, the Notification setting in the Account Profile work well. If anyone is still receiving notifications after that then it is because there is an extra Spotify account that has been created at some point.

I've never done this. In order to verify this, I grepped my mail and of all the mail I've got the recipient has remained constant. But they've beent sent from 5 different addresses. I use sub-addressing to discern online accounts.

Suggested posts