Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to change password

Solved!

Unable to change password

I logged in and noticed that the email address on file is not mine, and I noticed that there was an iPhone tied to my account back in last March (I have never owned an iPhone).  I managed to remove the phone, but I am unable to change the email address as I don't know my password (I log in using Facebook).

Changing the password requires using the old password, and resetting the password requires the use of the old email address, which I do not have access to.  Is there another way?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @Riunix -

Looks like someone else is using your account! I suggest following the guide here as soon as possible: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-accoun...

When you fill out the contact form for Spotify, please mention your own email address(instead of the one from hacked account) so we can send the email to that address.

After contacting Spotify, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and the support team will be able to help you out. 

Thank you 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey, @Riunix -

Looks like someone else is using your account! I suggest following the guide here as soon as possible: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-accoun...

When you fill out the contact form for Spotify, please mention your own email address(instead of the one from hacked account) so we can send the email to that address.

After contacting Spotify, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and the support team will be able to help you out. 

Thank you 🙂

Suggested posts