Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to connect to Facebook

Solved!

Unable to connect to Facebook

Good Afternoon,

The other day I stupidly disconnected my Spotify from Facebook through the option in Preferences in Spotify desktop for Windows. I want to now connect it back to my Facebook account again however it brings up an error 'unable to connect to Facebook, please click here to find out more'.

When I click the link, it takes me to a FAQ page however in the web address bar it quotes a duplicate account error? 

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Cheers,

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

It sounds like your Facebook has been used to create a duplicate account in the Spotify system, meaning you can't merge them like you normally would. Its easily fixed, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and ask them to remove the Facebook account for you. Once that is done you will be able to reconnect again. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Update on this Peter.

Louis from Spotify got back to me and after deleting the duplicate account and me reconnecting to Facebook. It has now been resolved.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

It sounds like your Facebook has been used to create a duplicate account in the Spotify system, meaning you can't merge them like you normally would. Its easily fixed, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and ask them to remove the Facebook account for you. Once that is done you will be able to reconnect again. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for the advice Peter.

I have filled that in now and will let you know how I get on.

Cheers,

Marked as solution

Update on this Peter.

Louis from Spotify got back to me and after deleting the duplicate account and me reconnecting to Facebook. It has now been resolved.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Suggested posts