Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to create a new account

Unable to create a new account

I'm trying to create a new account for my daughter (I may change to subscription option but I would like my kids to try it first). I just get the spinning wheel and am unable to sign her up. 

I've tried via different browsers and devices. On an iPad I get "an unknown error" when I enter an email adress.

How the **bleep** are you supposed to create a new account without a facebook account to link it to?

5 Replies

Hey @Fizzy77,

have you tried to use an incognito tab and clear the cookies of your browser?

When this doesn't work, you should try to use another internet connection (e.g. cellular data instead of WiFi).

Have a happy new year!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yeah. I’ve tried using incognito and other browsers. Using cellular (same ISP though) has the same issues spinning donut.

Hey again @Fizzy77,

have you tried to create the new account with different email addresses?

I hope it works 🙂

Have a great day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star

I have. A Gmail address and on on my own domain. Are there any geo restrictions for Spotify? I’m in the Isle of Man, which come under the UK for copyright, I have an account and use it fairly often with no problems. Maybe something has changed since I signed up.

Hey @Fizzy77,

thanks for letting me known!

I‘d recommend reaching out to the support team now, Southey can take a closer look at this backstage. 

You can contact the support trough this link.

Also it can be reached through Twitter via @spotifycares or trough the Spotifycares Facebook site.

Have a nice day!

LK508

LukeSpotify Star

Suggested posts