Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to delete a Facebook-linked account

Solved!

Unable to delete a Facebook-linked account

Hi,

I have some difficulties deleting my Spotify account. My account was created with Facebook, hence I cannot change the email address. The problem is that my Facebook account is linked to an email address that I cannot access in any way (it is a Gmail address, but Google does not recognise it and no email address or phone number was defined to access the account in case there was a problem). As a consequence, I cannot confirm the deletion of my Spotify account, because this step requires that I follow a link that is sent by email...

I also tried to delete all the information about my account, but it first requires to... delete the account.

PS 1 : I created a new Spotify account to ask this question, because to confirm my Community account I also had to follow a link sent by email the address I cannot access (hence the new account to be able to confirm).

PS 2 : no solution found to access the Gmail address in any way through any Google support.

Plan

Free

Country

France

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @amelieconnac, welcome to the community!

In order to delete your account, you'll need to contact support. You can either Tweet to @SpotifyCares or send a message to support using this contact form.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Update !

I managed to get in contact with Spotify through the contact form (thanks again @MickyDXIII), and they proposed "2 options:

1. We update your email on your main account and delete the newly created one.
  2. We transfer all your data to your newly created account and delete the old one for you."

I chose option 2, and everything was solved in the next hours.

And just to be sure, I went to Facebook --> "Parameters" --> "Apps and websites" and I deleted the access for Spotify.

Hope it will help someone someday !

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @amelieconnac, welcome to the community!

In order to delete your account, you'll need to contact support. You can either Tweet to @SpotifyCares or send a message to support using this contact form.

Hope this helps!

Hi @MickyDXIII,

Thank you for your help ! I had not found the contact form last time.

Best regards !

Marked as solution

Update !

I managed to get in contact with Spotify through the contact form (thanks again @MickyDXIII), and they proposed "2 options:

1. We update your email on your main account and delete the newly created one.
  2. We transfer all your data to your newly created account and delete the old one for you."

I chose option 2, and everything was solved in the next hours.

And just to be sure, I went to Facebook --> "Parameters" --> "Apps and websites" and I deleted the access for Spotify.

Hope it will help someone someday !

Suggested posts