Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to delete songs from playlists

Unable to delete songs from playlists

I would like to remove certain songs from my playlists but when I right click on them, the DELETE option is grey and doesn't work. Help please!

13 Replies

Are these your playlists or playlists you've subscribed to? You'll only be able to make changes to ones you've created.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Sam, will you elaborate on your response?  I don't like listening to the same songs over and over again, so I want to delete some  songs (which came from Spotify and not my local file) from a playlist that I created.  How do I do this?  If for some strange reason it is not possible to remove Spotify songs from a playlist, then what is the solution to my problem?  Thanks!

I have a feeling that you are trying to delete tracks from "aggregate" lists. In other words, a playlist folder (if you have created any) or your main Library list.

If you are sure that it's a playlist, would you have any objection to posting a link to it here ?

(Right-click and choose "Copy HTTP link")

Hi Jude, you're right.  It's not a playlist but a library.  Does that matter?  And thanks for the prompt reply!

A track in your Library list, or a folder list, could appear in any number of actual playlists, so deleting it would delete it from all of these. I would prefer, and many people have requested, a way to see in which playlists a track appears, or to be able to simply choose to delete all instances. Maybe I'll get that feature in my Christmas stocking.

Hi Jude, I only have a Library and not different playlists.  All of my music is in one place-- the library.  How do I delete a Spotify song from my library?  Thanks

It isn't possible to add tracks directly to LibraryB. So, if you really don't have any playlists at all, that only leaves your Starred list or Local Files.

When I open Spotify, I have a menu on the left side which has 3 sections: Main, Apps, Collection.  Under the Collection header, I have 3 more options: Library, Local Files, and Starred.  The songs in the Local Files and Starred sections are also in the Library, so the Library is my main source of music.  There are some songs in my Library that are not in the Local Files or in the Starred sections, so that is why I am referring to my "playlist" as my Library.  My Library is where I click to hear all of the songs that I've placed in there.  I don't have a separate playlist or listen to music from only the Local Files or Starred files sections.  I need to know how to delete songs from my Library.  Does this clarify my situation?  Do you know how I am able to do this?  Gosh, who knew Spotify would be so complicated! 😮  

See screen shot of what I see when I open Spotify here: 

Spotify screen shot

At the top of the Library page, underneath the filter box, you will see a summary. In yours, it says that you have 2 playlists. Have you tried scrolling the playlist column down ?

I noticed that too, but I have no idea where these 2 playlists are!  How do I find them?

I don't know how I missed it, but I was able to scroll the left-sided menu down and noticed that I actually DO have a playlist there.  Wow!  Embarassing!  I just deleted the songs from the playlist by hitting the delete button as I would for the Local Files folder and that seems to have done the trick.  Sorry for the idiotic question and thanks for your help!!  

No problem.

If you need more room in the left column, you can minimise the album art. Mouse over the album art and you'll see the button in the top, right corner.

Suggested posts