Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to edit profile

Unable to edit profile

I have been trying to edit my spotify profile so as to change my username, but i am unable to edit it entirely. I am unsure as to why but it won't let me write anything on the "edit profile" page. The "edit profile" page also does not show any window for editing my actual profile name either. Unsure if that is because you can't or other reasons. Account was created through facebook if that's relevant.

Thanks for any answers

7 Replies

Hey there @CraneTheVillain,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

Keep in mind you can't edit your username since it was created unique for security reasons. You can however choose whatever display name you want and edit it at any time. Your friends and family can find you on Spotify by your display name which will be displayed on your profile. You can find out more about it by visiting this page. 

Tip: You can't use your display name to log in.   

If you can't perform any interaction with the Edit profile page it'd be a good idea to try opening it in a private/incognito window. Give it a try and let us know how it goes.   

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have an awesome day! 

Using Private window does not correct not being able to edit profile.

Hi,

I'm having the same issue and i can't change my profile picture as well.

Kind regards,

Hey there @JefferyR and @1281216763,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. We're happy to help.

@JefferyR - it would be great if you could give us more specific information about what you're trying to edit on your profile.

@1281216763 - can you confirm if you followed these steps?

We would appreciate if you both could provide us a screen recording if the issue still persists. It will help us understand more directly what's going on from your side.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers! 

Hi,

Thank you for responding to my post. I managed to change my profile picture.    Regarding changing the display name, I can only find instructions for changing the name on Mobile and tablet devices and not pc. I only use pc since I don't have access to the other devices. Are the instructions for pc different?

Kind regards,

Hey there @Yomal!

Thanks for the question.

Right now it's possible to change your display name only on the mobile app. We're sorry if that causes any inconvenience for you.

If possible you can loan a device from a friend or a family member and give it a shot there.

In the meantime it could be a good to suggest changing this functionality on our Ideas board so that it could get support from other users as well. Take a look at this page to see how to post an Idea.

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you, I'll see what I can do

Suggested posts