Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to get password reset through e-mail...

Unable to get password reset through e-mail...

Just upgraded to premium for family and sent the invites to 3 family members

However the first one to try to log in (my daughter) has forgotten her password, as she hasn't used it in a while - so she's tried a couple of times to request a reset. 

However, no reset mail has yet come through - and yes, she has checked her junk folders.

How long should it take for a passwrd reset?

I've been getting almost immediate responses to my own requests around the family premium etc, so not sure if standard resets should take longer...

3 Replies

Hi there, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

Sorry to hear you’re having some trouble logging into your account. I’d recommend checking out this guide to resetting your password here.”Change or reset your password”. However, please note if you created your account with Facebook you’ll need to reset your password at Facebook.com. 

Get back to me right here if you’re still having trouble after reading that FAQ. Thanks!

Update on this.
BOTH my daughters have yet to receive the notification mails - they are both on hotmail.co.uk addresses (whilst my wife and I are on btinternet and have had the messages through).

Also BOTH my daughters do sign into Spotify currently via Facebook. One has a student premium account (linked to her e-mail address) which will be cancelled once the family is fully set up, but this doesn't help us at the moment.

I've checked their mail IDs and resent the invites several times and still nothing at their end in regular or junk folders.

Resetting the password for e-mail address login won't help as the key is the fact that they're not getting the invitation mails which they need to act on to enable to family group setting.

So - looking for more support here.

Looked for, but couldn't find (yet), an online chat option for Spotify - is there one?

Hey @Ynot1,

I am really sorry that I wasn’t able to help.

To contact support, please fill out the online contact form. If, for whatever reason you would prefer not to, or you cannot use the form, support can also be reached on twitter by reaching out to @SpotifyCares, or on Facebook by sending a message to the Spotify Cares Facebook page.
Please be aware that responses may take anywhere from 24-48 hours depending on the volume of tickets they are currently handling.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience!

Suggested posts