Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to link Spotify premium account with Google Home

Unable to link Spotify premium account with Google Home

I recently upgraded my Spotify account to a premium subscription. I am able to log in as a premium user on the web interface (laptop) and Android Spotify app. However, when i use the Google Home android app to attempt to link my Spotify account with Google Home, I am taken to a mobile browser page hosted by Spotify with the option to "Login with Facebook". This is the option i have chosen to login from the various interfaces such as Spotify android app, website on laptop, etc. My Spotify account is linked to my Facebook account. When i attempt to use this "Login with Facebook" option on my mobile browser directed from the Google Home app "Link Account" link, the login fails with the message "An error has occurred processing your request. Please try again". I'm not sure what could be different with this authentication process vs. the various other platforms. Any insight?

2 Replies

I cleared the cache on the Android UC Browser, still no luck. I am able to use the browser to log in to facebook, but i cannot use this Spotify page to log in. As a workaround, i used the iOS version of the Google Home app to link my Spotify account on my iPad. This was successful. I am still not sure why this failed in the UC Browser on Android and succeeded in Safari on iOS. Weird.

I've found a solution - just set your device password on e.g. https://www.spotify.com/us/account/set-device-password/ and use it on your mobile device. It worked for me!

Suggested posts