Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to log in (error code 404)

Solved!

Unable to log in (error code 404)

Hello. 

I'm trying to log in to my account on Spotify. However it states the error code: 404 - unable to log in. 
It says Spotify is possibly blocked by my firewall. But I used Spotify for years... ? 

Please help. 

Last.fm: RockYourSocksxX
Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.
• Brendan Gill
124 Replies

Hey @fitriamani

Error code 404 is a connection based error which means the Spotify client was unable to communicate with the login servers, and it may be caused by many different reasons. I'd check the Internet connection if possible.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Try to reset your password.

That worked for me.

Changing my password on Facebook worked for me! Good luck guys

Hello,

I have a problem with the Spotify app on my phone. When I log in into my Facebook account, it says "Unable to logon. Either the username and password is incorrect." I have a problem with this and it also matched the same account with the Facebook account. PLEASE give me a solution so I can get rid of it?

Thank you

Meriani

Hey guys, I was recently helping a friend trying to get their account with Facebook linked with Spotify. On the iPhone, it was throwing an Error: 404 and could not connect to Spotify. Same deal with trying to sign up on the website with Facebook as well, though it was just throwing a generic web browser error.

The fix that worked:

• Facebook Settings 
    • Apps and Websites 
      • View and Edit Spotify App
        • Unchecking all unrequired checkboxes from the  window and save all changes.
  • Proceed back to Spotify and successfully log into Spotify using the linked Facebook account.

I hope this helps anyone out there, if it's not already common knowledge.

Cheers!

Suggested posts