Unable to log in into app after changing country

Plan

Free

Country

Slovakia

Device

iPhone 6

My Question or Issue

Hello, I’ve changed country on my profile after I moved to different country (from Czech rep. to Slovakia). But my app still does to allow me to log in showing the same error reagrding the use abroad for 14 days.

I restarted, reinstalled the app, restarted phone, checked if the country change saved, nothing seems to work.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Kajatko.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Make sure you are not using a Proxy or VPN if you can see that the correct country is registered in your account but you are still getting the error message. If this doesn't help, could you try to log in via a different network and see if that makes a difference?

Alternatively you could close your account and open up a new one.

That should do the trick! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey there !

Thanks for reaching out to the community !

As part of being able to use Spotify around the world, changing the country settings allow premium users to use it as long as they like.

As you wrote you're on a free plan you're limited to use the app for 14 days only.

When did you change your country settings ?

I originally created my account in Slovakia and  then lived for one year in Czech rep. where it was working fine. Now I moved back and changed the country back to Slovakia just today, and I am not able to log in anymore. 

Marked as solution

Hey @Kajatko.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Make sure you are not using a Proxy or VPN if you can see that the correct country is registered in your account but you are still getting the error message. If this doesn't help, could you try to log in via a different network and see if that makes a difference?

Alternatively you could close your account and open up a new one.

That should do the trick! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts