Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to log in with Facebook

Unable to log in with Facebook

Cannot log into desktop app. I use premium. App on my phone works fine and I can use Facebook's Spotify web browser.

When I launch Spotify I click 'log in with facebook' as per usual. It launches my web browser and then the page it launches disappears. No change on desktop application. If I use a new browser, the page stays. It is an authenticator where you log in using your FB info, but if I put my information in, the page disappears. Any log in attempts on the browser afterwards will have the page disappear immediately after launch as previously.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify, I have tried different browsers, I have checked my firewall settings, I have checked my security settings on my anti-virus apps, and I have read through previous posts which seemed as though they might apply. I have thrown twenty darts and lit two candles to limit frustration. I reset my router. I even hardwired my router to my  computer for a time.

My device is a cobbled together pc running Windows 10.

The version of Spotify I'm attempting to run is 1.0.34.146.g28f9eda2

Please, guys, what am I missing?

7 Replies

Hey @Kitane,

Try to login directly to the app using your Facebook email address (the one you use to login) as username and your Facebook password. Hopefully it will let you in.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey Osornios, 

Thanks for the suggestion, but it tells me error code 101. All of the solutions to 101 are router, firewall, etc. It suggests changing the proxy settings, but nothing I change there seems to make a difference.

@Kitane

Have you tried to login in a different Wifi network? Just to see if it works elsewhere.

osorniosSpotify Star

Osornios,

I haven't tried that-Thank you for the rec. I'll see if I can get a friend to download the desktop app and log in and I'll get back to you. Also I have no idea how to mention you. If that is making life difficult, apologies.

@Kitane

No worries. Let me know how it goes. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Osornios,

So yes and no? One attempt was not successful, but I'm not certain he wasn't putting the information in incorrectly. The other was, but only when I did not try to log in through FB. It was a work computer, though, so quite likely that a firewall was blocking it.

Still, it was possible, so it must be my computer. Which brings me back to error code 101. I'll try these again, I guess.

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not work.

Restarting the wifi does not work.

As far as I can tell the firewalls aren't blocking anything. -.-

*Le Sigh*

I'm having the same issue right now, and have been for the past week. It's disappointing to me that Spotify is charging me $12/month for "premium" service but the only way to get help with issues preventing me to actually USE my premium service is to send them an email. Where is the phone support? Why can't I talk to someone in live-time who can help me resolve this issue NOW?

It might be time to switch back to Pandora One.

Suggested posts