Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to log into Spotify

Solved!

Unable to log into Spotify

I use my Spotify app on my iPhone on a daily basis. Today, for the first time ever, I opened the app and it took me to the login/signup screeen. After I entered my login info I get a message saying my username or password was incorrect. I attempted to reset my password, but I get a message stating "The username or email you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account." I then tried to create a new account with the same email and username, but I get a message saying both those already exist. 

I deleted the app on my phone and downloaded it. After trying to login I get the following message "Login failed You've already created an account with this email address." I tried to log in through Facebook and get an Error 404 message. 

I deleted Spotify on my laptop as well and when I downloaded it and entered in my info it says my username or password are incorrect.

That account info... Username: *******, Email:******************

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@user-removed

It sounds like your account may have been hacked.

Due to the nature of this problem you can contact Spotify Support on this Contact Form Here.

This is a special contact form that allows you to select the email to which Spotify Support will reply too 🙂

If you receive a No-Reply email that says to check out the FAQ or Community just reply to that email and Spotify support will contact you 🙂

Support takes 24-48 hours to reply to you if they have not replied to you by tomorrow you can ask me here and i will escalate the issue for you 🙂

I hope this helped solve your issue 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @user-removed, Welcome to the community! 🙂

I have edited your post and removed some private info 🙂

When you try and log into the Mobile/Desktop application, do you use your Email address or your Spotify username?

You need to use your Spotify username when trying to log into the Spotify Applications 🙂

You can find your Username here 🙂

Jean,

Thanks for reaching out. I have tried logging in using both my email and username. When doing so on my iPhone I get a message stating "Login failed You've already created an account with this email"

When I try to login on my desktop I get a message stating my username or password is incorrect. I've tried to restart my password to no success. I've tried using both my username and my email, but recieve the same error message: "The username or email you provided is not associated with an active Spotify account"

Marked as solution

@user-removed

It sounds like your account may have been hacked.

Due to the nature of this problem you can contact Spotify Support on this Contact Form Here.

This is a special contact form that allows you to select the email to which Spotify Support will reply too 🙂

If you receive a No-Reply email that says to check out the FAQ or Community just reply to that email and Spotify support will contact you 🙂

Support takes 24-48 hours to reply to you if they have not replied to you by tomorrow you can ask me here and i will escalate the issue for you 🙂

I hope this helped solve your issue 🙂

Excellent. Thank you for your time.

Suggested posts