Plan

Free/Premium

Country

United States

Device

IphoneX

Operating System

My Question or Issue

I've been using the same account for years now and have never had a problem with my password until it logged me out on 2/22-2/23.  I'm unable to use the set password and my email has been lost so recovering any information to reset is off the table.  For a lost or stolen account, i don't care, i just want to cancel my premium so that i don't continue to pay for this unused service. I don't have it under facebook so thats not an option either. I'd love to talk to an actual rep but, nope. You don't do that.  I've been through over 20 forums regarding these issues and each response is the same, and each sends you on a never ending circle of how to recover your lost password or to log out.  I JUST WANT TO CANCEL THIS ACCOUNT!  Yes you have a way to request a cancel but guess what, you need to log into an account to do this and guess what, i don't have access to it. So, needing to create a whole new account to even post this forum, I hope that i can get an answer that doesn't send me on a never ending circle and that can not just answer my question, but solve it.  Thank you 

2 Replies

For this particular case, I would encourage you to reach out to support through the anonymous contact form. So long as you are entirely logged out of Spotify.com (alternatively, you can access the form through an incognito window/private browsing) the form will allow you to use an email of your choosing for correspondence. Please ensure that this is an email that has not been compromised and that you still have access to it!
If you would prefer to not use the contact form, or require an alternative means of contact, you can always reach out to @SpotifyCares on twitter, or the Spotify Cares Facebook page.

I hope this helps!

Hey there @TheEuphoric,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Since you mention you no longer have access to the email address registered on your Spotify account, we'd suggest taking a look at the steps in this Spotify Answer.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts