Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to login anywhere

Unable to login anywhere

For some reason I got logged out of my spoity account. Tried to log back in and all I keep getting is 'Login Failed' 'Either username or password is incorrect'???

My username is harveyhowe and i've had an account for ages now, and for some reason it's now telling me I can't login? Help!?

5 Replies

Hey @harveyhowe, welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've been unable to log in.

Just to confirm, what device and Spotify version are you using? Also, does the same happen if you log in through the web player? You can try this troubleshooting to see if you can log in.

In case your Spotify account is set up via Facebook, you'll need to click the blue "Log in with Facebook" button to access your account.

Let me know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hi,

Yep tried logging in on the web player and still doesn't work. Just says "Wrong username or password"??

I haven't changed anything so I odn't understand why it's not letting me log in? I also tried logging in with my email <Email address - Moderator edit> and it signs me in but into a completely different account with none of my music/playlists?

Very confused.

i'm getting the same prob for days now ! Login Failed' 'Either username or password is incorrect'  the information i typed worked fine on the website... i cant even login with facebook i tried almost eveything (reset phone-delete and reinstall-reset password..new account...) still cant log in for some reason and its fraustrating...

Hey @iyanOconnor!

If you can log in here with the usual email address and password, try removing the Spotify app from your device and make sure you download the latest official version through this link.

@harveyhowe If your account was set up via Facebook, there's been a recent change and you can no longer enter your Facebook's email address or phone number and password to log in. You'll need to click the blue "Log in with Facebook" button to get access.

In case your Facebook profile is already open on the same device, it'll verify your information automatically and forward you to the account.

If this doesn't help, try heading to your Facebook profile's Settings > Apps > Spotify, and remove the app. Then, go back to the Spotify app and click the "Log in with Facebook" button, it'll ask you to authorize Spotify again and take you to your account.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts