Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to login on App but can login on Website

Solved!

Unable to login on App but can login on Website

I entered my details into the App and it wont log me in. When I go to the spotify website on my PC and use the same details, it logs me in fine. I have confirmed my details several times and 100% sure I am entering them in correctly. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had the same issue, but I managed to login with the long username. You find this username if you login on the web and check your account.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hey there @B-Dog, thanks for being part of the Spotify Community!

Sharing this Answer on how to troubleshoot problems with logging in. Let us know how you get on...

Please mark as 'solved' if this reply answered your query, so others will be able to see the solution. Thank you!

I checked my log in I for and I still can’t log in through my app on iPhone, i even tried logging in through Facebook but it’s mot working. What should you suggest???

I am also having the same issue.

Resetted my phone and the app is saying the username and password are incorrect. Can you please look into the issue for me as well?

Same problem here. 

I can’t log on the App but I can log on the web side. 

Why?

What you do is use your email name but don’t put the @ part. So mine is
< moderator snip - removed for security > and I tried < moderator snip - removed for security > without the email address and it logged me in.

Also in this way I can’t log. I don’t understand why 

@No, without @ part also, i can not login. I think this is some bigger issue and many users are impacted.

Can someone please reply from official spotify team?

@Shifthero90 wrote:
@what you do is use your email name but don’t put the @ part. So mine is
< moderator snip - removed for security > and I tried< moderator snip - removed for security > without the email address and it logged me in.

Marked as solution

I had the same issue, but I managed to login with the long username. You find this username if you login on the web and check your account.

@u4ia wrote:

Thank you. Worked fine now.

I also cannot login on my phone. I was going to buy premium, but that would be pointless since I can't use the darn app anyway.

I have tried with my email address, with my email address without the @ and the domain, i have tried my long crazy username given to me by Spotify in my account, I have deleted and reinstalled the app. There has to be a solution to this, this is really, really annoying. Thanks.

I'm still unable to login with the username, the long weird number user name and with all my attempts at changing the password. I can access my account via PC but the MAC webplayer and the iphone app keep denying my new login details. What is UP spotify?

@kassiemckenzi30 @B-Dog @somaybe @rohitpatel0722 @u4ia Thanks everyone, we've seen quite a few pings with log-in issues the past couple days, so something's definitely up. Spotify is looking into it. I'll elevate this post as well so the Moderators see.

cc @Melody

Hey,

It looks like there may have been a hiccup. Can you try reinstalling the Spotify app, then restarting your device once more? After this, let me know how things are looking.

We understand some of you have tried this already, but it'd be great if you could all try once more.

Thanks!

Suggested posts