NEXT STEP

Unable to login with Facebook account

Unable to login with Facebook account

Plan

Premium

Country

Colombia

Device

(Windows 10 app, web player, Samsung Galaxy S9)

Operating System

(Android 10, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

First things first, I used to have a Spotify account linked to Facebook, I deleted the account or I thought I did, I even went to Facebook and removed Spotify access., then I waited for over a month until the account was successfully removed.

In the meantime, I created another account on Spotify with my email (different from my Facebook email) and after the long wait I wanted to link it to Facebook to see my friend's activity, however, it just won't connect, I can check on Facebook and Spotify has access, but I keep the same User ID than the first account, I have tried to delete the access and try again, but it doesn't work, also tried among my devices and they all get the same problem, the app will never show me that it is connected to Facebook and will only provide me the Facebook login over and over, is there a way to check the first account and remove it completely?

Pd: If I try to log in with Facebook or my Facebook email, the app will say that there are no accounts created with my Facebook account/email.

Please help, I just don't know what to do, I've tried every single thing that should work.

1 Reply

Hi there @Agbaroth,

thanks for reaching out !

What i believe happened, is that you haven't disconnected your first account properly following the steps provided here.

When removing a Facebook linked account it should be opt out on both Spotify and Facebook.

However, i would like you to try and use some of the steps provided here and try connecting to the old account so you can have everything disconnected again.

Reply back to the post in case you couldn't.

I'm always around,

Keep me posted 🙂

Suggested posts