Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to login

Unable to login

Unable to login on my android. Tried changing my password, still get the error "wrong username or password". No problems logging in on my pc with the same username and password. I have a legit version installed on my android and pc.

Anyone having the same problem?

5 Replies

Me to. I thought that Spotify deleted my account, but when I checked my account here, it still exist.

Think they just trying to force me to get premium ^^

Hey, i've try this on my Spotify and it works! I uninstalled Spotify on my phone and then install it again, and finally it works. Maybe you should give a try

believe me i have tried that... still not working. ive literally tried EVERYTHING. spotify get your s**t together.

They seem to have server issues...a lot of ppl are experiencing the we issues (genuine premium customers like myself). I'm kind of flabbergasted that they haven't make any official statement...don't know if they don't want to bcoz of the upcoming IPO?! Or, and this is probably the real reason..they have completely messed up with whatever algorithm they have in place to weed out fake premium accounts..and that goes hand in hand with the IPO because the said they were going to tackle the issue of fake/ surcomventing premium accounts. It that is the case; y'all have just disabled paying customers, Spotify! And if so, let us know and correct the problem!

*Update* - It finally happened! The cause of all this headache? Rooting your phone! Removed root from mine and thee app works again. This definitely explains why Spotify haven't said anything about the issue, and most certainly has everything to do about staving ppl from running modified versions of their app. It's sad that ppl that don't do that and use root for other legal reasons no longer can use the Spotify app on rooted phones.

Suggested posts