NEXT STEP

Unable to play songs with my account

Solved!

Unable to play songs with my account

Plan

Free

Country

United States

I have been unable to play random songs and podcasts under my account. The play button is grayed out. I primarily use the desktop app but I tried using my account on the web app player and received the same results, I cannot play the same songs or podcasts. I have cleared my caches, tried using web player under Google Chrome, Chrome incognito mode, and Microsoft Edge. It's not a country or license issue because I can find and play that same content while not logged in as a Spotify user.

I've tried uninstalling the desktop app and reinstalling it but no change.

Spotify user.PNG
Spotify nonuser.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Chelio85,

Thanks for confirming.

In such case you can contact our customer support, so they can aid you in creating a new account and transferring the contents from the old one to the new one. You can find out how to reach them on this page

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi there @Chelio85,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. This seems odd so let's take a closer look into this.

To start with, can you have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member? This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

Let us know how it goes.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi @Jeremy so sorry for the delay. I unfortunately do not have anyone who has a Spotify account to test out this solution. Are there any other solutions to try?

Hey @Chelio85,

You could create a new free account for testing purposes :?
Should do the trick 🙂

We'll be on the lookout for your response!

VasilModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I was able to create a new free account and tested some of the content I was unable to play which is able to be played through the dummy account.

Marked as solution

Hey @Chelio85,

Thanks for confirming.

In such case you can contact our customer support, so they can aid you in creating a new account and transferring the contents from the old one to the new one. You can find out how to reach them on this page

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Suggested posts