Unable to remove unknown device

Solved!

Unable to remove unknown device

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

My Question or Issue

There is an unknown PS4 listed in my devices. I have already clicked log out of all devices and changed my password but I would like the device removed. It is greyed out probably due to it being offline. I can't remove it because there is no more offline devices page. I would rather not see this listed unknown device on my spotify.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello there @Pawleege,

Welcome to the Community! No worries - we're here to help 🙂

Log out from everywhere doesn’t include partner devices, such as PlayStation but if your Spotify account is linked to a PSN account, you can disconnect them here. If you experience any problems, we recommend that you contact Sony Customer Support. For full info on this, you can check out this support page.

In the meantime, you can remove the PlayStation access to your Spotify account here.

Just a heads-up, sometimes Spotify shows devices in close range in Devices Available icon_connect_device.png. Don’t worry, any devices in this list that aren’t yours do not have access to your account.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello there @Pawleege,

Welcome to the Community! No worries - we're here to help 🙂

Log out from everywhere doesn’t include partner devices, such as PlayStation but if your Spotify account is linked to a PSN account, you can disconnect them here. If you experience any problems, we recommend that you contact Sony Customer Support. For full info on this, you can check out this support page.

In the meantime, you can remove the PlayStation access to your Spotify account here.

Just a heads-up, sometimes Spotify shows devices in close range in Devices Available icon_connect_device.png. Don’t worry, any devices in this list that aren’t yours do not have access to your account.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hello Xenia,

So you confirm that it's not possible to remove the PS4 from the Spotify connect list, even if I delete my account from my PS4?

Because currently I did it, but I have my ps4 grayed out in the list

Thank you for your help
Regards

Hey there @ezo_kimura,

Welcome to the Community! 

Currently, the Connect feature shows all compatible devices which are nearby. The fact that you see an available device on your Spotify account doesn't mean that it's actually using it or connected to it. 

Not to worry, if you don't want to keep listening to music on your PlayStation, your account won't connect to it unless you manually change the listening device from your Spotify account.

If you have any questions, just let us know 🙂

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello @Mario

Thank you for your quick answer
I admit that it's not really my problem, I just wish my PS4 didn't appear in this list 🙂
Do you have a solution?

Regards

Hi there @ezo_kimura,

Thanks for getting back to us.

It might be worth checking if the PlayStation is actually connected to your home network from the router settings, as devices connected to the same network might appear in the Connect tab.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your answer
So if I understood correctly if I no longer want to see the ps4 in the list, I must disconnect my PS4 from the wifi network
Well noted, thanks again !

Hey @ezo_kimura,

Yep, that's right 😉

You're welcome! If you need a hand with anything else, don't hesitate to give us a shout 🙂

Suggested posts