Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to reset password

Unable to reset password

I went onto my Spotify account and I was logged out. I tried to type in passwords but they didn't work so I tried to reset my password. I got the that was supposed to be sent to me. I clicked on the link and it gave a screen saying "password reset link is invalid, or already used". I tried to send another email to myself and it just kept saying that. So I looked on the support page and found something. It said to resend the link to your email and copy the link without going on the page. It then said to paste the link on a private/incognito window. When I did this it told me to type in my email and the same thing  (password reset link is invalid, or already used) came up again. I tried  many more times and it still did not work. So I mad a new account (this account) to contact Spotify. they said to visit here so here I am. I'm hoping to get my other account back which is marlee_kin. Is there any other way to get it back?

3 Replies

Hi There!

Hmm that sounds very different to the other problems involving being hacked.

I think for the first step, have a look at the link below. It's Spotify's help page for anyone who has been hacked. Follow as many instructions as you are able to:

https://support.spotify.com/sk/account_payment_help/privacy/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-account/

Once you have done that contact me again and tell me if it worked / didn't work and so we can try and resolve this issue and get your account back!

Good luck with resolving the issue.

Hope this helped! If it did, be sure to click on the 'Solution' button on my message and give it a thumbs up.

If you have any more questions or quieries, reply to this message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible! 😄

Kind Regards,

BK ()

Thank you for the help you have given but in that link it still says to reset the password which it still won't let me do. I tried it anyways and it said that the email I had given is not an associated with an active spotify account. Then I tried it with my username and it said that my username is not associated with an active spotify account. But marlee_kin (my username) is and active account. Is there anything else to help with this?

Hi,

Sorry for not replying sooner  ┐(´~`)┌

Hmm ok. It seems I have gone through everything I can with you.

This might have to go to Spotify Support to see if they can get your account back for you, since we have tried all the steps we could with the information we have.

This is Spotify's Contact Form link.

Once you click on it, (for your issue) I would select (following the questions asked on the link); "Logging In" then "I can't log in" then "I still need help". 

I know there are a few suggestions on top of the "I still need help" button, but I have read through them and none address your issue specifically.

Once you've dont that just fill out in the form what you've told me, and remember to say that you've been to the Spotify community help page and you've also done what you could with resetting your password and things like that, otherwise they'll probably tell you to come here if you haven't already and to look at the page I already linked you to. I'm sorry I couldn't help you further, but this is the capacity of my limits, and I think at this stage that only Spotify moderators can help you ◉‿◉つ

Good luck with resolving the issue.

Hope this helped! If it did, be sure to click on the 'Solution' button on my message and give it a thumbs up.

If you have any more questions or quieries, reply to this message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible! 😄

Kind Regards,

BK ()

Suggested posts