Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to sign up for Student discount

Unable to sign up for Student discount

I'm currently a Premium subscriber and trying to sign-up for the US student discount by following these steps:

https://support.spotify.com/us/problems/#!/article/can-I-get-the-us-student-discount-if-i-have-premi...

But when I click, "Get Premium", it just takes me to my account page with this error message at the top:

"Oops! Something went wrong, please try again."

I even tried cancelling my current Premium subscription and trying again but I'm still getting that error message.

Please advise.

8 Replies

Hello and welcome to the community! 🙂

Im really sorry to hear that you're having issues with spotify. Can you please try an other browser and tell us if this error message also will appear there?

Good luck!

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

I'm getting the same error message in Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Please try also Opera. :D. no im just kidding ignore that weird stuff 😉

Well we have a problem now... Please be patient i'll write you in 30 min.. I haven't found any solution yet..

Edit - i haven't found anything which makes me really depressive right now :D. im sorry. I'll continue my research tomorrow 😉

thanks for your patience in advance 🙂

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

( Twitter // Spotify )

No problem.  Thanks for looking into this.

I had the same issue until I noticed my school isn't one listed in the options they have. The school may not be in their list which is causes the error message. I am having the same problem. I just canceled my subscription because I can no longer afford it. 

I can't even get to the part to pick my school.

You should at least be able to tget there. I was on loop going through until I tried to 'manually' put in my school information and it didn't exist. Still trying to figure out how schools don't exist haha. If i figure it out I will surely let you know. 

Alternative i would try it also by using an other pc..

If not please check this topic here . Merik wrote there that Spotify is aware of this problem and currently looking into it.

I hope this will get fixed as soon as possible!

good luck!

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

( Twitter // Spotify )

Suggested posts