Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to sign up new account

Unable to sign up new account

Hi,

I have just upgraded from Premium to Family Premium.

I want to sign up my kids, have created them an email address each and invited them to the family account but when I go to sign them up to a spotify account the sign-up bar just keeps spinning and I can’t finish the process.

I've tried it on my phone (WiFi and Cellular), and my laptop. Tried first thing this morning, lunchtime, and this evening, I get the same thing every time.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Tom (UK account)

11 Replies

Hey there @Tommy_C!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue.

Can you please try using an incognito page for the process and see if it helps ?

Waiting on your update 😃

Hi, 

Sorry, forgot to mention, I have tried using an incognito tab on both the phone and laptop without any luck.

Thanks for a quick reply.

Tom

Hey there @Tommy_C

no worries !

Quick question, are you trying inviting and accepting all on the same device ?

Please be advised as written under the "Premium for Family" help guide:

"If the person accepting the invite is doing so on the same device it was sent from, make sure the owner who sent the invite has logged out of their account page first.

Note: The owner and all members of a Premium for Family plan must reside at the same address"

Waiting on your update 😃

Hi, 

I have tried both ways, I first tried on the same device and then saw that I was automatically logged in, which is why I used an incognito tab. I then tried on the laptop without being logged in at all. 

Thanks

Tom

Same thing today... 

Hey there @Tommy_C

Thanks for your patience !

Something we've noticed is that you mantioned creating e-mail accounts for your kids.

Inviting a user to the family account only works if you invite users with a Spotify subscription.

Please create a Spotify account for each user you want to invite and send the invites again.

Waiting on your update 😃

Hi, 

Thank you for the reply, sorry if I wasn't being clear, when it's failing, I'm trying to sign up to spotify free using a new email address, at this point I wasn't trying to accept the invitation. Tried with two different email addresses (2 kids). 

Thanks a lot

Tom

Hey there @Tommy_C 

and thanks for your patience!

Could you please add some screenshots of the process ?

Thanks.

Hi, yes sure, please see attached. 

Thanks

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Still no luck, I wonder I'm assuming others can sign up and it's just me.

What's the best way to get in contact and make a complaint with Spotify? As I'm going to now be paying for a family membership that I cannot use...

Thanks a lot 

Hey @Tommy_C,

Just to confirm, since you mention that the accounts you're trying to sign up for are intended for your children, I'd recommend making sure that their age meets the minimum age requirements set in your country.

On another note, if you'd like to downgrade to regular Premium, I'd suggest following the steps provided in this support site article

If it's still not working, get in touch with support. You can find out how to get in touch with them here.

Good luck! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts