Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to unsubscribe - password not working

Unable to unsubscribe - password not working

Here's what's happening:

1) In spotify, I go to Help > My Account.

2) A browser (Chrome) opens and takes me to this website, logged in and everything.

3) I click 'Manage subscriptions and payment'

4) I click 'View your options'

5) I click 'Click here to continue to the cancellation page'

6) I fill in a reason for cancelling and press 'Cancel subscription'

7) I get to a page that says 'For verification purposes, please re-enter your Spotify Password below.'

😎 I fill in my password and press 'Confirm password'

9) I receive a message, 'Incorrect password'

10) I click 'Forgot your password?'

11) I enter my email address and press 'Send'

12) I receive the message: 'It looks like you are using your Facebook credentials to log in to Spotify. To change your Facebook password go to your settings page at facebook.com.'

This is messed up, looks like I can't even cancel my subscription. I am, in fact, using a facebook account to use Spotify. That should mean I do not have to enter a password to confirm my cancellation, seeing how you're not supposed to know my password.

the reason I was cancelling my subscription was merely courtesy. My credit card has expired.

If no one on your end does anything as a result from this message, don't be surprised if nothing happens.

11 Replies

Have you tried giving it a go in another browser? For instance, please Firefox or Internet Explorer. 

Also try signing out of Facebook before trying to cancel.

Hopefully this should get things working smoothly. Otherwise I'll deal with it myself.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Maybe you could ask your developers to hurry up with a fix for your obviously broken website? Then you wouldn't have to keep telling users to use work-arounds which shouldn't be necessary if your website actually worked the way it should.

I've got the same problem. Also logged in with Facebook. Trial is expiring 15th of February and I don't want to pay for longer subscriptions.

Chrome worked for me!

I am having the same problem and it is terribly frustrating.  I have followed all of the suggestions that were offered as a response to the original post and none have worked.  I would have re-subscribed in the future when I had more time to use the service, but now am not likely to since this cancellation process has been so difficult!  It is not unreasonable to expect that cancelling my subscription be an easy process.  

I'm having the same problem! Infuriating. I want to upgrade but whatever browser I use I get:

'Sorry, wrong password' error message.

Please help, Spotify!

Thanks.

I believe this is a problem with the spotify website when running Google Chrome. Should work fine in Internet Explorer.

Spotify should sort this out, it is ridiculous that this is a problem.

cannot verify facebook password.

You cannot unsubscribe in IE either. Could it be that Spotify doesnt give a F*** about if people wants to unsubscribe? I tried contacting them but they dont reply there either.

Funny... everything works smoothly went they take out your money from the bank.

buggy - please try getting in touch through our contact form

genvej - I can see your subscription has been successfully cancelled now. I hope everything's good.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I had this issue with chrome - enter facebook password to unsubsribe and get an error message. But then I tried with safari and worked fine.

Suggested posts