Here's what's happening:
1) In spotify, I go to Help > My Account.
2) A browser (Chrome) opens and takes me to this website, logged in and everything.
3) I click 'Manage subscriptions and payment'
4) I click 'View your options'
5) I click 'Click here to continue to the cancellation page'
6) I fill in a reason for cancelling and press 'Cancel subscription'
7) I get to a page that says 'For verification purposes, please re-enter your Spotify Password below.'
😎 I fill in my password and press 'Confirm password'
9) I receive a message, 'Incorrect password'
10) I click 'Forgot your password?'
11) I enter my email address and press 'Send'
12) I receive the message: 'It looks like you are using your Facebook credentials to log in to Spotify. To change your Facebook password go to your settings page at facebook.com.'
This is messed up, looks like I can't even cancel my subscription. I am, in fact, using a facebook account to use Spotify. That should mean I do not have to enter a password to confirm my cancellation, seeing how you're not supposed to know my password.
the reason I was cancelling my subscription was merely courtesy. My credit card has expired.
If no one on your end does anything as a result from this message, don't be surprised if nothing happens.