Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to upgrade back to Premium after credit card cancelation

Unable to upgrade back to Premium after credit card cancelation

Hi all,

Until recently, I was a happy Premium user. Unfortunately, I had to cancel my associated credit card three weeks ago after it was stolen in my wallet. I imagine Spotify has tried to charge the monthly payment (to no avail) and has hence reverted my account to Free user. When I try to add a new payment method (my new credit card), I am asked to contact customer support or cancel my account and start from scratch.

Right now I can't cancel my account OR get a reply from customer service (whose automatic response tells me to check these forums), so I'm trapped in an endless loop. Can't upgrade, can't cancel, can't get direct information about how to continue using the Premium service.

I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance,

Carol

5 Replies

Reply directly to the automated email telling you to post on the community (even if it is from no-reply) and that will push your case over to an adviser who can lend a hand.

Just wondering, what your subscription status on your online overview says?
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Right now my subscription status is Spotify Free.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll reply and see if someone can give me a hand.

Hi! 

I have the same problema. What can I do?

Ive run into the same problem with my account but neither Mastercard or Paypal works. I used the form to contact support but am i supposed to reply to the automated email i got from there to escalate it to someone?

Yup, reply to the automated email and that will bump your case over to someone who can lend a hand.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts