Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to withdraw funds message, will Spotify re-attempt to charge for my subscription?

Unable to withdraw funds message, will Spotify re-attempt to charge for my subscription?

Hi, I got the 'Spotify has been unable to withdraw funds from your account due to a bank error. To ensure that your Spotify Unlimited subscription does not expire please contact your card issuer' message.

This was because I had to cancel the card as it was compromised. However, I've now switched the card to a new one and updated my account in Spotify. Can someone tell me if Spotify will now re-attampt the subscriptuion on the new card

7 Replies

same thing happened to me, how did it work out for you?

Hey Mikael, which bit of the first post happened to you?

Please note that if you change your card details the subscription will not start again automatically. You'll need to kickstart it again at spotify.com/subscription
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi,

I lost my credit card so In called the bank and they issued a new one. Today I got the message in spotify that "Spotify has been unable to withdraw funds from your account..." I logged in to Spotify and changed the card details. Do I still have to kickstart the subscription?

Yep, we can't start taking money from the new card unless you've told us to. Which is pretty sensible I suppose.

You'll just be able to do it on your subscription page. Let me know if there's any problem getting things going.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

well, I did update my credit card details, not sure what else I can do on the subscription page. I don't see how I will be able to "kickstart" the subscription again

I can't recall kickstarting anything. I just changed the card details and then started playing tracks again.

I wouldn't have had the problem if Spotify had just accepted American Express cards from the outset instead of only Mastercard & Visa.

Hi mikaelmagn & skyscraper101- What Richard meant by 'kickstarting' your account is resubscribing to Premium/ Unlimited. 

Without subscribing again our system won't know to try another payment. 

I can see that you're both on active subscriptions now after changing your payment details though. Hopefully this will help any other users who've needed to update their payment details too.

Suggested posts