Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable using my Premium account while abroad

Unable using my Premium account while abroad

I am a frequent traveler and barely go back to the country where I have obtained my Spotify account. At this moment in time I’m abroad and installed Spotify on a new mobile device and unfortunately it doesn't allow me to use my owned Premium account because I’m in another country, therefore I'm now back on the Free version.

I really don't know why a customer can’t access his/her Premium account while abroad!! Are you proposing that a customer must purchase a new Spotify account once abroad?!!

As long as the customer is willing to pay or it has been paid for the used services why on earth you "Spotify" people are worried about where the customer is located!!

Ironically, even when I’ve tried to make a payment using my PayPal account it didn’t allow me for the same reason i.e., I’m in a different country. Really??!!!

I don't think customer will be creating different Spotify accounts for every visited country. Thus, a kind request to fix this annoying issue. I need to be able to use my offline music no matter where I'm on this planet.

Imagine you won’t be able to access your Facebook, Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, etc. just because you’re abroad!!

2 Replies

Hey there!

This is something for our Accounts team. Get in touch via https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-account or via Twitter @SpotifyCares.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, provided link took me back to square one again!

Does the accounts team has a phone number or email address so I can pass this on to them?This is really getting out of line. I mean such a well established organization like Spotify can't solve or at least pay attention to this issue.
All what I am asking is to ensure users can use their Premium profiles while abroad as well, and not force the free version.. it is not a rocket science!

Suggested posts