Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unauthorised logins in other countries

Unauthorised logins in other countries

Plan

Family Premium

Country
Sweden

Device

Samsung Xperia Premium and PC

Operating System

Android and W10

During the last 2 weeks I've received notifications regarding login into my account in 3 different countries and I've had to log out of all devices and change my password several times. I, nor any of my family members, are abroad. I am the only one getting these messages.

What is the issue? Is it google? Is there something wrong with my Spotify-account? Has there been issues wih Spotify itself recently?

57 Replies

Hi there, unfortunately this looks very much like a hacked account.
 I suggest you follow these steps:

1. Open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
    2. Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

I also strongly suggest you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
    • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
    • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

Hope this helps, have a nice day! 🙂 

Thank you for your help.

I have done several of those steps repeatedly, except using the inkognito mode. Also, I never use my FB as login. I've repeated everything in inkognito mode, hopefully it helps. 

Glad I could be of help!
Let me know if you have any more problems regarding this and i'll get back to you as soon as I can! 🙂

Hey @Hewleri,

Just adding something to what @mosohodPeti suggested.

It's always useful to keep in mind and act upon the info featured in this support site article in order to prevent unexpected changes or activity on your Spotify account.

Hope you'll find this useful. Keep us posted if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi guys,

I followed all the steps, and I have used my meticulously secure work e-mail. Still, I received two new e-mails regarding login from elsewhere. What more can I do?

Hey @Hewleri,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Just to double-check, did you click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE in your your account page right before your last Spotify account email address update and did you reset your password after?

We'll look out for your reply!

Mario Moderator

I Think I did. I can try redoing Everything, including changing password for my e-mail, if that is what you recommend?

Hey @Hewleri,

Yes, great idea!

Considering it, you can go ahead and follow the steps we talked about in this order:

1. Click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE in your your account page
  2. Subsequently, change the password of the email address you'd like to use for Spotify and then connect the same email address to your Spotify account
  3. Reset your Spotify password 

Keep us posted and let us know if we can keep helping 🙂

Mario Moderator

Hello  guys,

I followed the steps and it Went well for 1 week. Today I received a new message about a login in USA :(.

What else is there to do?

Hi again @Hewleri,

Thanks for following the advise given here! 

Since you made sure to take all the necessary steps but you're still experiencing this, we suggest you reach out to support here.

Keep us posted!Hope this gets resolved asap.

PetyaModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

not really off-topic .. same problem i think (Spotify Security)

Still in 2020!!

In Spotify Connect appears sometimes a strange Web Player (Chrome) which streams NEW UNPOPULAR Song/Artists...  -> it generates plays for these people ..

Did all "these steps" half a year ago when this problem showed up.. contacted the support too to check the account logins and all but they said there was nothing special.. and looks safe ..?

... dont know how long it helps.. now it's the same again ..

Didn't get a notification that a new device logged in .. nothing .. no other location or something ..

sorry for bad english .. its annoying..!

Hi there @matzehg,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! 

It's good that you've checked how things with you're account look backstage. 

In case you have any suspicion if anyone has access to your account, we recommend you give these steps a try. For more info on how to secure your account, you can also have a look at this article.

In case you see some artists that appear fraudulent, feel free to send us screenshots, so we can report the content to the right teams. We'd appreciate it. 

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Hi,

are we a joke to you... we all did "these steps" almost three times..

and 4 weeks later problem show up again ..

Right now at the moment the suspicious device was streaming again**bleep** (money generating) !

check DJ Sakama its a big joke .. tracks lenght 1:30 .. 7 Track and only **bleep** noises.. but 170.000 stream in 2 months..

check iMusician Digital AG .

Theres is a big problem with money generating on spotify i think!

Hey @matzehg,

Thanks for getting back to us and for chasing this up with us.

We've now gone ahead and reported this to the right team.

We'll make sure to get back to you as soon as we have any updates on this.

Thanks again!

Hello guys,

I thought I'd give you an update. I was in live contact with Spotify support several times and they tried to help my case in many wys including locking me out of the account a few times and rebooting the whole thing. It will hold for a few days and I would have unautorhised logins again.

As the Support put it, there was nothing else to do but to create a new account and migrate my playlists to it which we did. This was about 3 weeks ago and no unauthorised logins have happened. The old account still gets them several times a week.

It's a bit sad since I have had my original account since the first week of the launch of Spotify. I did make a suggestion at the Suggesion section here regarding a feature by which you completely block logins from certain countries/other countries than those chosen by you. Hopefully there will be a solution to this problem.

Hi @Hewleri,

Thanks for getting back to us and explaining what happened in the end.

It's good that you can now enjoy a secure account. For security purposes, it's probably best if you close your old account.

We appreciate the Idea you have created. Make sure to tell your friends and acquaintances to back you up by giving votes. The more votes an Idea gets, the better the chances are, that it gets implemented. 

Let us know if you have any more questions or need further help, we're here for you.

Have a nice day!

PetyaModerator

This is also happening to me. Today for the second time from in two days, this time from Singapore.

I've reset my password, disconnected all devices, unlinked facebook, changed my email account password etc. I'm using lastpass to generate high entropy passwords.

Any guidance much appreciated.

This happens to me now a week few times per day wierd music and logins.. mabe add a 2 step login for new devices so we can accept them or not... i hope this wil be fixed 

Hey all 

Just wanted to jump in and mention one thing!

Sometimes you can accidentally allow other apps/services to use your Spotify account making the log out everywhere method invalid. If you can go to your account page and click APPS.

Then scroll through the apps page and remove access to any unknown apps 

Jack 🙂

Suggested posts