Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unauthorised logins in other countries

Unauthorised logins in other countries

Plan

Family Premium

Country
Sweden

Device

Samsung Xperia Premium and PC

Operating System

Android and W10

During the last 2 weeks I've received notifications regarding login into my account in 3 different countries and I've had to log out of all devices and change my password several times. I, nor any of my family members, are abroad. I am the only one getting these messages.

What is the issue? Is it google? Is there something wrong with my Spotify-account? Has there been issues wih Spotify itself recently?

57 Replies

I canceled my premium a couple weeks ago to make my account less attractive, but didnt help.
I`ve signed out of everywhere, logging in just to change plassword to a randomized and long password, still get email with unknown logins. Never had any device connected to Spotify and use two-factor authentication both on Gmail and Facebook, so its probably not those.
Ive had 8 unknown logins since march 9, and havent even used my account at all other than to change password and to sign out of everywhere.

This seem to be a problem on the spotify-end, a security breach. Would love a two-factor authenticaton solution, its a bit scary that Spotify doesnt when basicly everyone else has it ant that it drasticly increases security.

That said, doesnt seem like Spotify cares that much about unknown logins, wich is at least as scary as the lack of security(as the unknown login keeps coming) and lack of two-factor authentication

My solution is to delete my account

Yes, I tried the same thing. Didn't work for me either. 

I've had the exact same experience. Reset my password many times with a garbled mess of a password so it's not easy to guess. I have given access connected to bumble and can login with Facebook. Clearly there is some easy way these people are breaking in and it's not going to be fixed by a password reset.

Looking at the Apple service.  They seem to take security more seriously.  

I can't believe 2fa is still not a thing! I've changed my password twice today, even changed my email. This is really not cool!

Hey @aekiameh,

Thanks for posting here! 

Since you feel strongly about 2FA, I'd advise you to add your vote to this idea to support it if you already haven't.

Hope that helps!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have been having the same issue for two weeks now. I have followed the suggested steps and reset my password several times and I still get logins from other countries. It is very disappointing that Spotify appears to be unable to address this issue properly.

I had someone log in from Romania.  I've read through the threads on this and PAYING members are not happy with the responses they are getting.  I logged out of everything-everywhere and reset my password.  When I went back in I noticed they were able to change, delete and manipulate my playlists.  I have now spent the last 2 hours doing everything I can to keep this from happening again, though I don't hold out much hope because everyone says it keeps happening..  I reported a "claim" to Spotify because they are stealing my data/information.  Luckily we have other options!

I have exactly the same issue - I've changed my password repeatedly and I'm not using any apps and have logged out everywhere. What's going on? This has been going on for weeks with no end in sight. I'm also using lastpass and have a 63 character password, I don't think someone is cracking that each time I change it!

Hey there @Oharu, @Sknapp and @lobesl,

thanks for posting - that's not cool. 

If you've taken the necessary steps to secure your account - changed password for Spotify, signed out of everywhere, changed the password for the email associated with your Spotify account as well, revoked access of third-party apps but it hasn't helped, feel free to reach out to support. There are steps in the article on how you can do that.

They can take a look backstage and take some precautions from their side. 

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I am now also in the club of getting these emails.
I also use password-manager with unique, highly-cryptic passwords, absolutely no way someone bruteforced in.
But i saw in the above posts that someone stated that he or she has only bumble activated in the apps. I have it too since not a long ago and i have the suspicion now that this is somehow related to the integration with bumble.

Hey there @NowNil,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We'll give you more info about the emails.

We send these emails for security reasons. If you've followed these steps and you still receive these messages, we'd suggest to contact our support here. The folks there can investigate this further.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Take care! 

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

i followed all the steps as well but someone from India accessed my account. I always use a very safe password only for a single service once. 

I'm pretty sure someone gets access because some public api error or something on your side and not because we make a mistake.

I voted for 2FA but I don't think it will solve this issue for sure.

Greetings Pascal

Hey there @kallitokaco,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

Can you give these steps also a go? That way you can make sure the account is secured.

If that doesn't help, you can head here and contact our support team. The team can look into this further.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator

Did you try changing the password?

Sorry for that other answer. The page didn't load all the messages my bad. Well I think you should contact more than a Spotify community. Did that happen to other accounts? I mean Google or others? That's serious. I don't know how helpful will be this answer. But good luck

I have it happening to me for last couple weeks. I have changed passwords, log out and signed out of third party apps to no avail. It is pretty annoying.

Hey @Shiyatan,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

In this case we'd suggest you click here and contact our support team. The folks there can investigate this further and give you more information about it.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help. 

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts