Unauthorised logins in other countries

Highlighted

Re: Unauthorised logins in other countries

Casual Listener

I have no apps on only for my iphone and pc, i hope its not going to happen often is fustrading when i listen relax to music and some stranger change it for fun or money..

Highlighted

Visitor

This issue just started for me yesterday. I don't have a Facebook account, and there are no other apps associated with my Spotify account, yet I've already had two unauthorized logins from two different countries, one from the UK and one from Singapore. 

Highlighted

Visitor
I'm just glad it's not just me having these issues. I've been having them for at least a week now.
The Spotify support team doesn't help.
For me, the logins are from the USA and Russia, but they could just be using a VPN.
Hope someone can help. Have a great day anyone who reads this. 🙂
Highlighted

Visitor

I seem to be having this issue as well. I get the email notifications saying that I am logged in in another country, but logging out of all devices feels like it only triggered more “unauthorised logins”. And I don’t understand where these are coming from, as the only way to get into my Spotify account is through my Facebook login (as that’s how I’d set it up) but do not see any strange logins through my Facebook account. So it definitely ain’t my Facebook that’s the problem.

Highlighted

Hey all, 

Thanks for voicing this out here! 

In addition to the steps we've given you to follow before, we want to say that it's very important that you remove the access of any third-party apps. If any of these has been compromised, it could affect your Spotify account. 

As a heads-up, it's always advisable to first reset your password, then log out of all devices and remove the access of third-party apps. It's also good to reset the password of the email linked to your Spotify account. 

Hope this sheds light on the subject and helps you!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Visitor

I've been having these unauthorised logins for weeks now, from the USA, Singapore and the UK. My Facebook and Spotify accounts are not linked, I have no third-party apps accessing Spotify and I change my password every time I get one of these notifications. 

What on earth is going on?? I don't know what else I can do to secure my account. 

Highlighted

Visitor

I’ve got the same problem. Started today, changed password three times and I still get the notification that was people from other countries log into my account. In 3 hours it happened 3 times now. I disabled all third party apps (the only thing that was shown was my ps4), I logged out everywhere and still there are logins from other countries. It’s annoying, not to mention that it feels like my account and my email ain’t safe anymore.

Highlighted

Hey there @apex_chio and @ofdemonicdeals

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

In case you still experience the same after performing the steps provided by @Petya, we suggest you head to this help page. Here you'll find useful tips on how to secure your account in case of unauthorized access. 

Additional info on how to protect your Spotify account can be found here.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

IvanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
“Music is the strongest form of magic.” Marilyn Manson
Highlighted

Visitor

Did it help? I don’t know what to do anymore... I’ve done everything they told me too... and people still are using my Spotify all over the world... Germany, France, Canada, Serbia, United States.... I wanted to change my email associated with this account but it seems impossible too..... 

Highlighted

Visitor

You should make it possible to simply restrict where logins are allowed — if I’m in a certain geographic location, automatically reject any login attempts from outside that area. Yes, it can be spoofed, but it will discourage low-level lazy hacking attempts. In particular, if you know I live in the US and you get a new login from Russia, do I even need to tell you that it’s probably fraudulent? Just reject it automatically and make the person attempting to log in prove they are me.

You clearly have the technology to know where login attempts are coming from, and you appear to have technology in place to prevent logins on family accounts that are not in the same household — how about using that technology to protect your customers instead of just your revenue stream?

SUGGESTED POSTS