Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unauthorized Access

Unauthorized Access

Yesterday, I noticed that when I started Spotify when I got to work that there was a message at the bottom saying "You are playing from: iPhone (2)" and it was playing music that I don't listen to.

Since I access Spotify with my FB login, I checked there to look for any signs of compromise (I use 2 factor authentication) and didn't.  Later, however, I saw the strange device playing music again, so I changed my FB password to one I don't use anywhere else to be sure.  This morning, I see iPhone(2) is playing music again, and again it is music that I (and anyone else im my family) don't listen to.  Furthermore, I don't have any IOS devices.  Even if someone hacked my FB account, I don't undserstand how they'd get back into Spotify right after I changed the computer.  

Is there a way to find out more about the iPhone(2) device on my account?  When it was added?  What IP range it is in?  Anythiing else?

7 Replies

Hey @garrun! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound quite right. I dont think that you can get these details. -.-

Try this, it will maybe help you:

1. Go to your profile page

2. Scroll down

3. Click on 'Sign Out Everywhere'

Screenshot_4 (3).png

4. Change your password again through the password reset page

Let us know if that helps, thanks!

Peace

I did the Sign out everywhere thing last night after I reset FB, but I didn't do the local PW reset from my Spotify profile. When I first set up Spotify, it wasn't premium or attached to FB and it had a separate, simple password, so maybe that was it. I'll post back if the strange activity happens again.

This exact same thing is happening with my account as well, except the iPhone shows up as "Lucas's iPhone". There's a lot of Justin Bieber involved, which I'm 100% sure isn't from my account. I've signed everyone out, but saw the guy pop in again and listen to music.

I made two playlists with titles telling Mr. Lucas to quit his **bleep**, with the CeeLo Green song "**bleep** You" as the only song in each one, and made sure they're at the top of my recently played. It doesn't seem to have deterred him, but it was worth a shot and made me feel a little better on the inside.

The problem is that my account is linked to Facebook, and that's the *only* way to access it. I don't have a Spotify username or password, so I can't reset my Spotify password. Can this be done from Spotify's end? My Facebook has 2FA enabled, login alerts enabled, and there are no suspicious devices logged in (I checked my browser and login history). So, this dude definitely didn't get access via my Facebook account.

@andyhite

My suggestion would be for you to create a new account with different email address from the one you use for facebook. That will give you a Spotify username, so you won't have to rely on facebook anymore.

Once you have this new account, contact customer support and they'll help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

If you like you can link this new account to your facebook again, but now you won't have to rely in the facebook login process, since you'll have your very own Spotify username.

With your new account you'll be able to change passwords at will.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there I have the same problem and its really annoying. First I contacted Spotify to resolve this issue and they said someone broke into my account and I should change my password which I did several times before I contaced Spotify. Do you think it helped? No. There is some serious databse problem I guess. 

@user-removed

Unfortunately, some access permissions can't be revoked (like a PS4 or Sonos) with changing passwords or using the signout everywhere button.

The best way to go, like a mentioned earlier, is to create a new account (preferably not using fb), and ask someone from customer service to migrate your account data there.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is ridiculus...

Suggested posts